Friday 14 January 2011

EVALUATION; How Effective Is The Combination of your Main Product and Ancillary Texts

ADVERTISEMENT
FRONT COVER OF DIGIPAK


INSIDE COVER OF DIGIPAK


From looking at my Digipak and my advertisement the name of the album is 'Red Kisses' relates to the red lips on the inside cover of my digipak, which also relates to the song words 'don't let our last kiss be our last' where in our video theres a girl blowing a kiss
 

The lips and the kisses also relate to the red lipstick that the girls are wearing in the video. 



The mise en scene in the video also relates to the digipak and advertisement as the outfits are same. This was done to create continuity throughout all products. 
I also have used the same colours in the digipak and the advertisement to show a link between them both so if someone was to see the digipak in HMV and the advert on a wall outside the would know that they are together and go 'oh! I've seen that before' 


Another link between the digipak and the advertisement is the digipak cover on the advert; which makes it clearer to everyone what the products are. 

Personally I think my promotional package links well with my video as there are strong links between the two. I also think that they attract the target audience as the images on the front of the digipak are close ups of the girls faces. Which follows conventions of a girl group but it also will attracted young boys and girls who want to be like them. 

No comments:

Post a Comment