Friday 24 September 2010

PLANNING- Lip Sync Tutorial

Lip Syncing

Lip Syncing was one of the 1st tasks that had to do as a group, it was a fun experince and taught us how to do some new things on Final Cut Pro.


 

What New Skills Did I Learn Through This Activity?

I learnt how to put the soundtrack into final cut pro a different way then we did it last year with the thriller openings. I also learnt that by just pressing the letter 'M' on the keyboard is a marker which is a different way to editing the thriller openings. I learnt a new way of editing and that was by overlaying clips/shots then putting markers in and selecting the right shots.


What Did I Find Most Challenging
I think i found putting the markers in the top the hardest part as the markers had to be to the beat. To do that we had to count 1, 2, 3, 4 then put a marker in all the way through the whole song and if a mistake was made we would have to start again. I also found cutting the soundtrack and the clips at excatly the right time, if you dont get the hang of it, it can be quite difficult.

New Tools
I didnt really learn any new tools but we did use the Razor Cut tool which I got more familar with as we didnt use it as much while making thriller openings.
While filming our short music video, we didnt plan anything so it didnt go quite to plan, as you can see from the video we made theres a piece of paper in the shot, at the time we was shooting I didnt know the words so I was reading off a sheet. We as a group did not realise the piece of paper was in that shot so we had to get rid of one whole shot which made the rest of our options limited. even though we still had enough footage.
When making our actual music video we must remeber to check the shot through the lens and make sure there is nothing that is not ment to be there as that will be a waste of footage, then we could end up with not enough footage and waste time as we'll have to film all over again.

No comments:

Post a Comment